chicken drumsticks, slashed
garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine garlic, honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the drumsticks and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (can marinate for up to 6 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot, for outdoors medium-hot coals.
- Grill turning every 3 minutes and basting with any leftover marinade until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot on its own or with a sweet-chili dip.