boneless skinless chicken breasts
garlic cloves, crushed
For the Wrap
4 pita bread or 4
For the Chilli Mayonnaise
fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
finely chopped fresh coriander
- You will need flat metal skewers, or if using wooden skewers then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Combine garlic, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, oil, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add in the chicken strips and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you may marinate the chicken for upto 3 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat indoor grill to medium-hot, or for outdoor grills, medium-hot coals.
- Thread 2-3 chicken strips onto each skewer.
- Grill turning every 2 minutes and basting with any remaining marinade until cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- Warm the breads through for about 30 seconds on each side.
- To make the chilli mayonnaise, whisk chilli, coirander and lime juice into mayonnaise.
- Split open and separate each warmed pita into 2 halves.
- Slide the chicken pieces on each pita halves and top with lettuce, tomatoes and radishes and spoon over the chilli mayo.
- Add salt and pepper, roll up and serve hot.