Avocados, peeled and stoned
red onion, thinly sliced
fresh basil leaf, coarsley chopped
For the vinaigrette
chopped pitted black olives
2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons
red wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
shallot, finely chopped
ground black pepper
- Place a little arugula on each serving plate or on a large platter.
- Thinly slice the avocados and arrange the slices on top.
- Using a sharp knife, peel and remove the pith from the oranges, remove any pips and then cut the flesh into 1/2in slices. Arrange on top of the avocado
- Sprinkle the red onion slices and basil over the salad.
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.