2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages
( we like Old El Paso)
( or more to taste)
- Clean chicken wings, cut at the joints into three pieces and discard wing tips.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the taco seasoning, vinegar, oil and cayenne by "squishing" the bag to make a paste.
- Add the chicken wing pieces, seal the bag and "squish" until the paste is distributed evenly over the chicken pieces (if the paste is too thick then add a small amount of vinegar or water -- but remember it is a paste - almost a rub).
- Marinate chicken 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread wings pieces on a baking sheet lined with foil (for easiest clean-up). Try to maintain some space between each piece - use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- Brush pieces with any extra paste.
- Bake at 400 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, turning half way through the baking time.
- Can be held in a crock pot to serve at a party or buffet.