( or other citrus, tropical flavor)
fresh ground pepper, to taste
chicken breast halves, cut horizontally, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- In a bowl, combine marmalade, juices, leaves, 1 teaspoons salt and pepper; mix well, then reserve 1/2°C glaze for serving.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper; place on grill and brush with half of glaze.
- Grill three minutes, then flip & brush with remaining glaze; continue grilling until chicken is cooked through (3 minutes more).
- Place chicken on serving platter & keep warm.
- Slice one orance into rounds, the other into wedges; place oranges on grill, flipping once until softened (1-2 minutes per side).
- Add oranges to chicken on platter; serve with reserved glaze.
- IS THE MEAT DONE? With a very sharp knife, nick the meat with the knife-tip--the meat should be white and moist--NOT pink.
- PREPARING CUTLETS: Easiest to do when the meat is partially frozen, remove tenderloin (the loose part) & set aside for some other use. Lay cutlet on board, with hand over the top, and cut with very sharp knife going horizontally under your hand (half-way through the meat). You should have two fairly equal pieces of meat.
- To pound cutlets into thin paillards: place meat on plastic wrap with about a half-teaspoon of olive oil, plastic wrap on top, then pound with SIDE of kitchen mallet.