good lemon curd
( fine granulated)
unsalted butter, softened
lemon, zest of
- Measure the oats, cream and lemon curd into a small bowl and mix until combined. Cover the bowl with clingfilm until ready to use.
- Mix the sugar and butter with the lemon zest for a couple of minutes until fluffy, then add the flour and ground rice, mix until you have a soft dough.
- Roll into a cylinder about 5cm by 20cm long and wrap in cling film. Chill for at least an hour until firm.
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4-5, line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and slice the dough into 1cm discs. They may crumble as you cut them but you can just press the dough back together again. Space them well apart as they will spread a bit.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the oaty/lemon mixture on each circle of dough and spread it to the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies have just risen and the tops are browning, you may need less time - keep your eye on them. Cool for a few minutes until placing on a wire rack to go cold.