coarse-ground black pepper
2 (1/2 lb)
beef steak, about 1 pound
( rib roast or rib eye roast)
garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons
2 2/3 tablespoons
( to garnish, or cress leaves)
- Pat the coarse-ground black pepper onto both sides of the beef until the meat is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the sugar, mirin, and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid thickens and coats the meat.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes and arrange on a serving dish.
- Garnish with the buckwheat or cress leaves.