washed cored and roughly chopped fresh strawberries
( juice or flavoring)
( I use non-sweetened)
nonstick cooking spray
- Purée chopped strawberries with the applesauce and passionfruit syrup.
- Spray the fruit leather sheet of your dehydrator (the one without holes) with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the puréed fruit carefully into the tray set into the bottom section of your dehydrator. Dehydrate at full power for up to 8 hours, depending on the power of your machine, checking periodically toward the end of that time to see that there aren't any wet or sticky spots.
- When done, cool for a couple of minutes and carefully slide a butter knife or thin spatula under the leather.
- Cut into 2-4 pieces and roll into cylinders. Store in zip lock baggies.