stale French bread
1 1/2 teaspoons
grated orange rind
powdered cinnamon sugar
- Slice stale French bread loaf diagonally to obtain 8 large slices of bread 1" thick.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, Grand Marnier, orange juice, vanilla, nutmeg, orange rind, and sugar, until well combined. Pour half of mixture into bottom of a 9X13" plastic container.
- Place the French bread slices side by side in mixture. Allow to sit 5 minutes uncovered.
- Carefully slip spatula under each slice and turn over without breaking.
- Pour remaining mixture over the slices. There will be grated orange remaining in the bowl; Spoon evenly over the slices.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Half an hour before serving, prepare large covered skillet by melting Tbsp butter over medium low heat, until bottom is well greased.
- While skillet is heating, drizzle a bed of raspberry sorbet on ½ of dinner plate.
- Place French toast in skillet, cover, and cook 15 minutes without lifting the lid, which makes the slices poof up.
- Lift French toast slice from skillet with spatula, and turn upside down in center of raspberry sorbet bed on plate, so browned side is up.
- Finish with sprinkled powered cinamon-sugar mixture topped with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.