red pepper paste
fresh red chile, seeded
lemon, juice of
1 1/2 lbs
tomatoes, skinned seeded and sliced
for the red pepper sauce
red peppers, seeded and sliced into four lenghtwise
- RED PEPPER SAUCE.
- Mix together the salt and peppers, allow to stand for 1 day.
- Heat a grill, Wash the peppers, drain and pat dry.
- Place the peppers on a baking tray skin side uppermost and place it under the grill, grill till the skin is charred.
- Allow to cool and remove the skins.
- In a blender puree the peppers with the garlic and olive oil.
- Peel and slice the potatoes, when just done drain them.
- Oil a shallow baking dish Spread a thin layer of pepper paste on the bottom of the dish. Now add the potatoes, spread the rest of the pepper paste over the potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with the sliced tomatoes.
- Chop together the parsley, garlic and chillies, mix with the oil and lemon juice. Spread the oil mix over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.