8 -10 large
extra virgin olive oil
pan searing flour
- Start with fresh sea scallops, as large as you can buy. If you buy them frozen, defrost before preparing the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Rinse scallops with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour pan searing flour into quart size plastic bag; coat scallops one by one with flour shaking off excess.
- Add scallops to pan; when scallops appear brown paper bag color 1/4 up flip with tongs.
- Add butter and spoon butter over scallops as "crusting" occurs.
- Transfer scallops and butter oil mixture to oven safe dish and place in oven for 7- 10 minutes and enjoy!