1 1/2 lbs
lean ground beef
quick-cooking rolled oats
eggs, lightly beaten
6 medium potatoes, peeled and halved or 8 -10 small
( frozen or fresh peeled)
- Mix ground beef and pork together with rolled oats.
- Mix in eggs, ketchup, dry mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper.
- Shape into a loaf in a shallow greased baking pan large enough for meat loaf and vegetables.
- Brush with gravy browning sauce, if using.
- Arrange carrots, potatoes, and onions around meatloaf.
- Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of salt.
- Cover pan with foil; bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and add peas.
- Replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Uncover and baste meat loaf with pan juices.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender.