3 1/2-4 lbs
bone-in chicken pieces
2 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 lbs
red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
fresh rosemary, stemmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle chicken with 1 T. of the oil and season with 1 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. Rub this into the chicken pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, salt, pepper, potatoes, and rosemary. Pour into the roasting pan and spread into an even layer around and under the chicken pieces.
- Roast until the chicken is done (thigh reads 180 degrees on a meat thermometer), about 45 minutes.