center-cut salmon steaks, 3/4-1-inch thick
fresh dill sprig
1 1/2 tablespoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh lemon juice
snipped fresh dill
dried chervil, can sub parsley
lemons, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat, remove from heat when melted.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into butter.
- Add rest of sauce ingredients except lemon slice quarters.
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and turns clear.
- Remove from heat and add lemon slice quarters.
- Cover and set aside.
- (Makes about 2/3 cup, so you can double this if desired.).
- For salmon:.
- Cut off ends of each whole lemon, then cut each lemon into 2 one inch thick slices.
- Lay salmon steaks flat and put one slice into the opening at each end of each salmon steak.
- Using toothpicks, secure salmon around and to the lemon slices.
- Position grill rack about 6-8" above hot coals.
- Arrange salmon steaks on grill and cook 5-7 minutes.
- Turn steaks over carefully and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from grill and place on heated serving platter.
- Garnish steaks with fresh dill sprigs.
- Spoon a bit of the hot lemon-dill sauce over each steak.
- Serve the rest of the sauce separately for dipping.
- Remind guests to remove the toothpicks! ;).