marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease muffin pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg and cream together; add vanilla.
- Pour into the dry ingredients, beating thoroughly.
- Bake until cakes test done (approximately 20 minutes) and remove to a cooling rack.
- When cupcakes are cold, hollow out center and fill with ice cream; level off with the back of spoon and completely blanket the top with halves of marshmallows.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place cake under hot broiler for 30 seconds, or until marshmallows are puffed and brown.
- Serve at once.