bread, crusts removed
butter, softened & divided
cheddar cheese, shredded
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Press bread, buttered side down, into 4 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt, & pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture;cook & stir until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 1-2 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.