( any straight-necked type)
1 -2 teaspoon
green onions, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
( or other semi-soft cheese)
- Slice squash in half lengthwise. With a sharp spoon, scoop out the soft inside portion of the squash to form a canoe shape. Chop the squash innards roughly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onions and garlic, saute for one minute.
- Add squash innards and cook, stirring, about 2-3 minutes until most of the excess water has evaporated.
- Mix in cheese and tomato paste, cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Spoon this filling evenly into each squash boat. Sprinkle seasoning and pepper on top.
- Place boats in a nonstick baking dish, and bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of the boats).