dried apricots, chopped before measuring
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemons; you'll need 2 tablespoons grated rind and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Combine apricots, lemon rind, water, lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Don't use aluminum; stainless steel is good.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat to low and STIRRING FREQUENTLY, keep at a low boil for 35 - 40 minutes or until apricots are tender.
- CAREFULLY pour into blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add honey; stir and return to boil. Again reduce heat and cook, UNCOVERED, at a low boil until very thick. STIR FREQUENTLY.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims, add hot lids and rings.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes OR refrigerate and use within 1 month.