beef roast, trimmed of excess fat
( I have used brisket, chuck, sirloin, bottom round)
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons
jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
( leave some seeds if you want it spicier)
- Place onion in slow cooker and top with beef roast.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over beef roast.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving juice.
- Use 2 forks to shred meat; mix in enough of the reserved juice until it is the desired consistency.
- Use as filling to tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or nachos.