of and kind clams
( I used littleneck)
shallots, finely chopped
basil leaves, torn
salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Stir in shallots and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato and keep cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in clams and half of the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan until the clams are open.
- Stir in the rest of the basil.
- Serve in large bowls with grilled bread.