Italian plum tomatoes, canned and crushed with hands
extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
beef bones with marrow
1 1/2 lbs
hot Italian sausage
salt, to taste
( or more if using fresh)
( or more)
- Cook sausage until browned. Drain well and set aside.
- Using the same pan heat olive oil. Cook onion and garlic until softened. Add marrow bones. Cook 5-10 minutes turning often.
- Add wine and stir well scraping bottom of pan. Cook until mostly evaporated.
- Add remaining ingredients with cooked sausage. Cook for several hours uncovered adding water if needed. It should be a deep brick color. Discard bones.
- Serve with favorite pasta.
- Note: You should use quality Italian sausage from your local butcher for optimal flavor.