jumbo pasta shells
( about 24)
chopped romaine lettuce
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh tomato
chopped peeled cucumber
italian salami, chopped
crumbled feta cheese
red wine vinegar
mixed Italian herbs
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook shells in plenty of boiling water according to package directions, being careful not to overcook them. Rinse in cold water; set aside. (For advance prep tip, see note at end).
- Chop all salad ingredients, making sure you have all the pieces quite small so that you can easily stuff the salad into the shells.
- Make dressing; pour over salad and toss lightly. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Stuff salad into cooled shells (now you will understand why you chopped the ingredients into small pieces!).
- Refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.
- Advance preparation tip from a reviewer: "The day before, I cooked the shells to al-dente, rinsed them in cool water, separated them and let them cool. Then, I put them in a ziplock. I chopped everything for the salad part and put it in a ziplock, without the dressingl. The next day, I mixed the dressing into the salad and stuffed the shells. Worked like a dream.".