1 1/2 cups
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
boneless chicken breasts
( cut in half)
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen chopped spinach
( thawed and squeezed dry)
meatless spaghetti sauce
( store bought or your own)
- Place the bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pound the chicken to flatten a little.
- Add this to the bag of crumbs and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil.
- Remove from skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and two tablespoons of spinach (squeezed dry) down the center of each piece of chicken.
- Fold chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Top with spaghetti sauce and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until heated.
- Discard toothpick and serve.