firm ripe tomatoes
0.5 (10 ounce) packages
frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
garlic cloves, minced
chopped fresh dill
feta cheese, crumbled
salt & pepper
buttered bread crumb
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
- Scoop out seeds and pulp; discard.
- Turn tomatoes up side down to drain on a paper towel.
- In a small skillet cook pine nuts over low heat, stirring until golden (5 minutes).
- Add spinach and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, dill, cheese, salt & pepper. Mix together.
- Spoon into tomato shells.
- Top with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.