active dry yeast
of melted butter
- Soften yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast, sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Let stand until light and foamy.
- Add melted butter (which has been cooled), eggs and salt.
- Beat well.
- Add enough flour to form soft dough.
- Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and let dough rest.
- Meanwhile, clean and dry bowl; grease clean surface of bowl.
- Knead dough until smooth and satiny.
- Put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Turn out on floured board.
- Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into desired forms.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Cool on rack.