unsalted butter, room temperature
10 1/2 cups
( 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds)
1 1/2 teaspoons
yellow food coloring
- For base frosting:.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then cream and vanilla.
- If making both frostings: Divide between 2 bowls.
- For vanilla frosting:.
- Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla into 1 bowl of base frosting.
- For almond frosting:.
- Mix almond extract into second bowl of base frosting. Mix in yellow food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired shade is reached.