1 1/2 lbs
shallot, thinly sliced
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pine nuts in a small baking pan and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus with shallot, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Roast, turning twice, until the asparagus is tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, swirling the pan occasionally, until slightly syrupy and reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, toss the asparagus with the reduced vinegar and sprinkle with the pine nuts.