2 1/2-3 lbs
boneless beef ribs
( or pork)
( I use a bottle of Hunt's Original or Hickory Brown Sugar)
- Place the ribs in an 8-quart stockpot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Mix in about 1 cup barbecue sauce to the water.
- Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer covered for 2 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove ribs from water and place in a large bowl. Drench the ribs in additional barbecue sauce.
- Transfer ribs to preheated grill. Close grill lid. Grill for 10 to 20 minutes, basting generously with barbecue sauce & turning often (every 2 minutes). (Note: be careful not to overcook the ribs, as they will dry out).
- Note: if you prefer, you may finish the ribs in a 350F oven, instead of the grill.
- Serve with additional sauce, if desired. Good with corn bread or buttered rolls, beans and slaw.