bow tie pasta
watercress, stalks removed
ripe Avocados, peeled and pitted
1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon
1 (8 ounce) packages
low-fat cream cheese
salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan.
- Mash one avocado and combine with lemon juice and cream cheese.
- Add watercress and sauté until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add mashed avocado mixture to pan.
- Stir gently until heated through. Do not allow to boil or sauce may separate.
- Add cooked pasta to avocado sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining avocado into cubes.
- Add diced avocado and pistachios to pasta and mix gently.