1 1/2 cups
( this will NOT work using Bran Buds cereal)
( low-fat is okay)
( or melted butter)
brown sugar, packed
( reduce sugar for a a less sweeter muffin)
2 teaspoons maple extract or 2 teaspoons
use vanilla extract
all-purpose white flour
whole wheat flour
( even better use 1 cup whole wheat flour)
1 1/4 teaspoons
( can use 1 teaspoon)
( or can use chopped dates)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners (or 7 jumbo muffin tins).
- In a medium bowl mix together the All-Bran cereal with buttermilk; let sit for about 10-12 minutes stirring once.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended, then add to the buttermilk mixture; mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and nutmeg; add to the wet mixture and mix JUST until blended using a wooden spoon or a small spatula (a few small lumps in the mixture are okay!).
- Fold in raisins or dates.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins test done (if using jumbo muffin tins increase baking time).