bittersweet chocolate chips
( or semisweet)
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder or 1/4 teaspoon
chilled whipping cream
fresh lemon juice
grated lemon peel
- Place chocolate in blender.
- Bring 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, and espresso powder to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour over chocolate.
- Cover tightly; blend 5 seconds.
- Add egg whites.
- Cover tightly; blend on high 1 minute.
- Pour into 4 small bowls.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Whisk cream, lemon juice, peel, and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl to very soft peaks.
- Spoon over mousse; serve.