( about 1.5 lbs)
minced white onion
garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
( or to taste)
( to taste)
chopped fresh cilantro
- Position rack about 6 inches from broiler and preheat.
- In a shallow pan, char the tomatoes, turning once, until blackened and soft (about 20 minutes total) and cool.
- Core the tomatoes but do not peel, and chop coarsely.
- In a food processor, pulse together the tomatoes with any juice, the onion, garlic, tequila, lime juice, pepper and salt to desired smoothness.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving.