uncooked orzo pasta
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
6 1/2 ounces
blue cheese, crumbled
( or Brie & Blue Cheese by Saga)
3 1/2 ounces
salt and pepper
1 pinch brown sugar or 1 pinch
Splenda sugar substitute
red crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
freshly ground nutmeg
( optional, if using a pinch or two)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter and oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Cook onion in this mixture with brown sugar until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan with a spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine blue cheese (or Brie & Blue Cheese if using), mascarpone, crushed red pepper flakes, onion, ground nutmeg (just a pinch) and mix well.
- Toss cheese mixture with spinach and pasta, season with salt and pepper and serve.