brioche bread, hallah, croissant, buttered
2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons
( I omitted this)
- Cut the bread into fingers and layer them in the bottom of a small dish. (About 600 ml capacity).
- Add dried fruit.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, cream, vanilla extract and cream.
- Pour over the bread and let it sit for about 1 hour. If you don't have an hour it does not matter too much.
- Micorwave on medium power for 4 - 5 minutes until it begins to set at the edges.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and then serve with cream or custard and a big grin.