1 -2 tablespoon
onion, peeled and chopped
garlic cloves, peeled and minced
red chili pepper flakes
carrots, peeled and chopped
4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (12oz) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, drained
2 (15 ounce) cans
artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered
1 (15 ounce) cans
garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 (15 ounce) cans
fresh sage, chopped
fresh lemon juice
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
- Set a 4-to 6 quart pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil, onion and salt. Stir often until onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chile flakes. Stir until garlic softens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garbanzos, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes.
- Season with sage, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- For Vegan/Vegetarian do not use the chicken broth option.