3 1/2 cups
- Cream icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Combine flours and add to the butter mixture, in small portions.
- Turn batter out into a sided 15 x 9 cookie pan or jelly roll pan. Press to the sides and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Score into bars with a sharp knife and prick the surface with a fork. Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°, then lower the oven to 300°. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut along the scored lines.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.