1 3/4 cups
( approximately two large ruby red grapefruit)
( see note)
lemon juice, fresh
- NOTE: To make the grapefruit zest, simply grate the rind of the grapefruit. Be sure to get only the rind, and not the pith (the white part) beneath the rind.
- Make simple syrup: Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil, without stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, and lemon juice.
- Add grapefruit mixture to simple syrup. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.