paper cupcake liners, for cupcake pans
white chocolate chips
1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
plain white cake mix
pure vanilla extract
unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 -4 tablespoons
6 -8 ounces
bar white chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Line cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power until melted, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the cake mix, milk, oil, egg, egg whites, vanilla and melted white chocolate in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed with electrix mixer for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides; increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full and place in oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing cups from pans. Cool competely before frosting.
- To make frosting:.
- Place butter in a medium mixing bowl and blend at low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and almond extract and blend on low speed until incorporated. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, one minute more. Add up to 1 tablespoon more milk if frosting seems too thick.
- To make chocolate curls:.
- Set bar of chocolate, flat side up, on counter for 1 hour at room temperature to soften.
- Drag a vegetable peeler across the bar toward you in long strokes to make curls. Use to garnish cupcakes.