garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper
- Slice onion in half and then each half needs to be sliced as thinly as possible.
- Halve and deeseed the pepper, chop into 1cm pieces.
- Peel skin off chorizo and cut into pieces roughly the same size as the pepper.
- Wash the potatoes and chop into 1cm cubes, leaving the skin on. Boil these for 5 minutes, drain in a colander and cover with a clean cloth to absorb the steam.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook for about 6 mins until softened and tinged brown.
- Push onion mix to one side of pan and add chorizo, keeping heat fairly high cook for about 2 mins till nicely browned.
- Add paprika and stir everything together then transfer this mix to a plate.
- Add another table spoon of the oil to the pan and add the potatoes and seasoning. Toss them around in the hot pan for about 3 mins until they begin to crisp and brown.
- Return the chorizon mix to the pan and, using a pan slice, keep turning the mixture over. Cook for 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy. Turn down heat and keep warm.
- In another pan fry eggs in remaining oil.
- Serve hash divided between two warm plates with a fried egg on top of each. Eat with crusty bread and tomato ketchup!