extra firm tofu
( yellow will work fine if you like that better)
onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
asparagus, rough ends discarded, cut into bite-sized pieces
sun-dried tomato packed in oil, finely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
lemon, juice of
fresh basil leaf, torn into pieces
- preheat oven to 400°F
- in a mixing bowl, crumble the tofu and squeeze through your fingers until it resembles ricotta cheese. this should take abut a minute.
- mix in the soy sauce and mustard.
- add the nutritional yeast and combine well. set aside.
- in a small (8-inch) skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- add the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes, saute for 3 more minutes.
- add the garlic and thyme and turmeric, saute for 1 minute.
- add the lemon juice to deglaze the pan; turn off the heat.
- transfer the onion mixture to the tofu mixture and combine well.
- fold in the basil leaves.
- transfer back to the skillet and press the mixture firmly in place.
- cook in the oven at 4ooF for 20 minute.
- transfer to the broiler to brown the top, about two minutes (keep a close on it so it doesn't burn).
- let the frittata sit for 10 minute before serving.
- cut into 4 slices and lift each piece with a pie server to prevent it from falling apart. if it does crumble a bit, it's ok, just put it back into shape.