- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt your butter and set aside.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Or you can add them to a large mixing bowl and aerate with a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk and butter to the flour. Work the milk and butter in with a knife using a cutting action.
- Do not knead the dough.
- Place on a lightly floured tray and gently roll to about 5cm thick. Cut with a 5 cm scone cutter or the top of a narrow glass.
- Place close together on a baking tray and lightly brush the tops with a little extra milk.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.