fresh parmesan cheese, grated
2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped or 2 teaspoons
dried basil, crushed
garlic cloves, minced
boneless skinless chicken breast halves
( about 1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine lemon zest, lemon juice and one tablespoon melted butter. Set aside.
- For stuffing, in a small bowl, combine parmesan, basil, one tablespoon butter, and garlic. Set aside.
- Place each chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Use the flat side of a meat mallet (or the heel of your palm) to pound chicken into rectangles about 1/8-inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap and spread stuffing on chicken.
- Fold in sides of each chicken breast and roll up, securing with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush sauce over chicken during the last 10 minutes of grilling.