cooked chicken, chopped
carrots, coarsely chopped
fresh lemon juice
fresh parsley, chopped
garlic clove, pressed
( or finely minced)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
fat free low-sodium cream of chicken soup
3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
fat-free chicken broth
fresh ground black pepper
long-grain white rice, uncooked
- Heat a 4 quart stockpot over medium heat.
- Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, broth and black pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley just before serving.