unbaked unpricked 9-inch pie shells
( homemade or store bought)
unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups
packed light brown sugar
2 cups medium maple syrup or 2 cups
dark maple syrup
- Have all ingredients at room temperature and put oven rack in middle position. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream butter, then cream in sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well. Stir in syrup and vanilla and beat well.
- Pour evenly into both pie shells and bake for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until filling puffs up and seems almost to be simmering.
- Immediately remove from oven and cool. Serve at room temperature. 16 servings Each pie serves 8 slices.