1 1/2-2 lbs
4 -6 cups diced potatoes or 4 -6 cups
shredded frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
onion, chopped fine
green pepper, chopped fine
1 -2 teaspoon
fresh ground black pepper
- Make a filling of sausage(s), diced potatoes, chopped onion, pepper and cabbage.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Wash stomach well. Drain and fill stomach with stuffing.
- Close opening of stomach securely by "sewing" together using toothpicks.
- Place stuffed stomach in a roasting pan with enough water in pan to cover bottom and bake at 350F for approximately 3 hours - stomach should be brown (like a done turkey!).
- Slice and serve.