garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 cups
grated parmesan cheese
fresh basil, chopped, plus
fresh basil leaves, for garnish
fresh cheese-filled tortellini, cooked and drained
- In a medium saucepan, sauté shallots and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add flour; cook and stir one minute.
- Stir in wine; cook one minute more.
- Slowly add cream, mixing until smooth. Add cheese; cook over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- Add fresh basil; mix well and pour over hot, cooked tortellini.
- Garnish with basil leaves.