garlic clove, minced
fresh coarse ground black pepper
cabernet sauvignon wine
shallot, coarsely chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or 1/4 teaspoon
coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rub meat with garlic & sprinkle with 1/8 t sea salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Sear meat over high heat 3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Place in oven and roast 10-20 minutes to desired doneness, turning once.
- Combine wine with the herbs/veggies and bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Run liquid through mesh strainer to remove any large pieces.
- In small saucepan, heat broth over high heat 5-7 minutes until reduced by half.
- Combine borth & wine mixture.
- When meat is cooked, remove from pan and cover with foil.
- Pour any juices from pan in with broth mixture.
- Mix in butter and more salt & pepper if desired.
- Slice tenderloin, sprinkle with fleur de sel (or coarse sea salt) and pour sauce over. Serve.