beef top sirloin steak
green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
packed brown sugar
dark sesame oil
garlic cloves, crushed
- Trim all fat from steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Make marinade by combining brown sugar, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Place beef and half of the marinade mixture in sealable plastic bag, turning to coat. Close securely and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, soak 16 bamboo skewers (6") in water 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef (weaving back and forth) and green onion onto skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3-4 inches from heat. Broil 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Brush kabobs with reserved marinade during last 2 minutes.