macaroni, cooked and cooled
( or other preferred pasta)
1 -2 cup
( ham you cut from a real ham is leaner than lunch meat ham or other processed ham products)
1/2 lb diced mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb diced swiss cheese or 1/2 lb
diced provolone cheese
minced sweet onion
frozen green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
hard-cooked eggs, chopped
marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup
( I prefer Heinz brown)
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until smooth and well-blended.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing until well-blended.
- Let sit, refrigerated, at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Note: Additional vegetables can be added substituted if desired. Frozen broccoli florets or chopped cucumber are particularly good. But if you add a lot of extra veggies you might need an extra half batch of dressing.
- Note: It is not necessary to thaw the frozen veggies if making it the night before.
- Note: Fresh beans, snapped to size, can be used raw for a crisper texture or they can be blanched and cooled first.