( cut into pieces, or use chicken breasts)
4 -6 tablespoons
green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
fresh minced garlic
( or to taste)
1 -2 teaspoon
dried chili pepper flakes
( optional or to taste)
2 (14 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
chicken bouillon powder
1 1/2 cups
uncooked converted white rice
2 -4 teaspoons
sliced green olives
Pace Picante Sauce
1 1/2 cups
shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt (or white salt) and black pepper then add to the skillet.
- Brown on both sides then remove to a plate.
- Add in the onions, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and chili flakes (if using) saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in tomatoes with juice, broth, rice, chili powder, cinnamon and cumin; mix with wooden spoon and bring to a boil.
- Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a large greased baking dish or roasting pan.
- Top with the browned chicken pieces, then sprinkle the olives all over.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Uncover then spoon picante sauce over the chicken.
- To with with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven to bake 3-5 minutes.